Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Everyday Word ~ Far from Ordinary!

So often I go about my day doing the everyday tasks that must be done without thinking about how God's Word relates even to these ordinary, everyday moments. As I was doing laundry yesterday, I thought about how I could connect the everyday moments of my life with the Word of God using photos of these moments and sharing them.
 
 
The Everyday Word does not mean that the Word of God is everyday,
for it is powerful and sovereign, far from everyday.
Nor does The Everyday Word mean that I will post every day,
although I might.
 The Everyday part means the commonplace, ordinary, or normal things we do,
and the Word part means connecting these things with the Word of God.
 
I'm not a good photographer and my photos will not be perfect,
but that isn't the point here.
My purpose is to point and shoot my little camera as I do the ordinary
and combine it with the extraordinary Word of God.

I'm so glad you have joined me!
 

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness;let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Hide your face from my sinsand blot out all my iniquity.
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvationand grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


Psalm 51:7-12

 

No comments: